TeachNow is the program for when you want…
- To know what to teach—and have the confidence to teach it
- To get started teaching—or transform what is currently bugging you about teaching
- To be able to plan—without over-planning—an effective, engaging program (regardless of format: live, e-course, retreat, or other)
- To work with challenging students, negative feedback, and other teaching yucks
- To effectively market through teaching
- To make a sustainable living doing what you love (Here’s where we don’t say “make 6 figures”—Aren’t we all sick of that!)
TeachNow is super soul food for your teacher’s heart.
“This course was everything I had hoped it would be, and more.”
— Marianne Elliott, UN Peacekeeper, human rights lawyer, yoga teacher, author, marianne-elliott.com
“TeachNow is one of the most powerful educational experiences I ever had.”
— Tara Sophia Mohr, creator of Playing Big, taramohr.com
Are you able to handle…
- The overwhelm—what to put in and what to leave out of your material?
- The nuts and bolts stuff like story-telling, making ideas stick, staying focused, and handling difficult students?
- The “fraud factor”—being passionate about a subject, maybe teaching from life experience, while being very aware of all you don’t know, and all the ways you fall short of your ideals?
- The fear that your students will suck you dry?
- The exhaustion from over-preparing and over-delivering; obsessing over your “performance” or student feedback?
- The comparison and shame that plagues even the best teachers?
- The discouragement when you bomb? (And we all bomb!)
Each of these obstacles makes your teaching less effective, less profitable, or more difficult for you… and often all three.
I created TeachNow as the program I wish I’d had.
I started teaching when my first book, The Woman’s Comfort Book, became a word-of-mouth best-seller. I was literally—as in the phone rang—called to teach. Yet I had no idea what I was doing AND I felt like a giant fraud. I was often the youngest person in the room and I sure wasn’t taking perfect care of myself so how could I teach this stuff? I would walk off the stage or out of the retreat center and tell myself, “That’s it. I will never do that again.”
Fast forward 20 or so years. I was in a peer support group with 5 amazing people and we were on our annual retreat. I was watching one of my friends—someone I revere—struggling to step fully into his role as teacher and I was amazed. It occurred to me—teachers of all kinds need support. And boy, do I love to provide support!
I enlisted my dear friend Michele Christensen to create with me. At 23, Michele was the protégé of one of the most influential coaches in the world. She has done everything from teaching yoga to teaching Fortune 100 executives how to stop being mean to each other. Her genius helped make this program so much better, and working together we brought TeachNow to over 650 teachers! But now Michele is parenting full-time, while I continue to refine and lead TeachNow.
“I started teaching singing at a music conservatory two years ago. The first year was filled with so much agony as I was constantly berating myself for failing as a teacher – despite the fact that my students loved my lessons and were getting better, I could only see how I was falling short of my own expectations of how a teacher ‘should’ be.
In my second year of teaching I came across TeachNow. I had been aware of it and questioned if it could live up to promises, so I didn’t buy it at first.
Finally, I was going to quit teaching, so I bought your programme. Right away, the material started to have an impact on me. I started to allow the teaching to happen rather than trying to wrestle it to the ground.
I have a joy in my teaching now which was absent before and that’s thanks to TeachNow. Thanks for a great, game-changing course.
—Steven Sparling, voice instructor and actor, stevensparling.com, taken TeachNow 3 times
ENROLLMENT FOR TEACHNOW IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
But the learning continues with a twice-monthly, super-concise, actionable TeachNow e-tip – Sign up below to get those AND The Fab Guide to Course Creation and Better Participation (PDF).
Already a TeachNow student but need support?
Please email us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help.